Tenders and Requests for Proposals
In general, the majority of tender openings will be done as part of a public process. Bidders and the general public will normally be able to attend the opening. Staff will only provide the names of bidders and the overall bid to the public after an opening. All other information will not be released until such time as Council has made a final decision with regard to the process. However, Council reserves the right, for specific openings, to restrict the process if warranted.
142 First Avenue, PO Box 249
Smooth Rock Falls, ON P0L 2B0
Tel: 705-338-2717 ext. 3
Send an Email
The Town of Smooth Rock Falls has a Procurement bylaw that governs all tenders and requests for proposals. The purpose of this ByLaw is to establish the authority and set out the methods by which Goods, Services or Construction will be purchased and disposed of.
The goals and objectives of this Procurement Bylaw are:
- To encourage competition among suppliers
- To maximize savings for taxpayers
- To ensure service and product delivery, quality, efficiency and effectiveness
- To ensure fairness among bidders
- To ensure openness, accountability and transparency while protecting the financial best interests of the Town of Smooth Rock Falls
- To have regard to the accessibility for persons with disabilities to the Goods, Services and Construction purchased by the Town of Smooth Rock Falls in compliance with the Ontarians With Disabilities Act, 2001, S.O. 2001, c.32; and the Accessibility for Ontarians With Disabilities Act, 2005, S.O.
- To attempt to reduce the amount of solid waste requiring disposal through the purchase of environmentally responsible goods and services